One of our favorites! Sprout them in jars, grow them as microgreens or as baby salad leafs hydroponically, real easy and tasty!
Tatsoi, also known in cantonese as Tat Choy (塌菜), is a versatile green that is commonly used in salad mixes. Sweet, buttery and mild tasting, it works as a great flavor enhancer to other greens mixed with it.
Sow them densely for microgreens, or space them further apart for growing into baby leafs. Seeds do not need pre-soaking, Tatsoi is one of the faster growing greens, perfect for the impatient!
- Scientific Name: Brassica rapa (Narinosa)
- Seed count: 450 seeds / gram approximate
- Seeding density: 5 grams / plastic takeaway container (7 x 4.5 inches )
- Pre-soaking: Not required
- Growth Medium: Organic soil or cocopeat
- Germination: 2-3 days
- Blackout Period: 2-3 days
- Harvest in: 8 - 11 days
- Seed Origin: USA