Orach belongs to the spinach family, and are sometimes referred to as "Mountain Spinach". This fire red variant comes in a brilliant crimson purple, with the most intense color observed in the seedling stage.
Not surprisingly, orach greens taste like spinach! With its salty, earthy taste and unique violet arrowhead leaves, add orach microgreens or leaves to brighten up any salad.
It is normal for some percentage of Orach, Fire Red seeds to remain dormant. These seeds can be harvested in 18 days for microgreens, or grown into baby leaves and harvested in 28 days.
- Scientific Name: Atriplex hortensis
- Seed count: 440 seeds / gram approximate
- Seeding density: 2-3 grams / plastic takeaway container (7 x 4.5 inches )
- Pre-soaking: Not required
- Growth Medium: Organic soil or cocopeat
- Germination: 2-3 days
- Blackout Period: 2-4 days
- Harvest in: 12 - 18 days for microgreens, up to a month for baby leaves
- Seed Origin: China