Osaka purple mustard is an attractive variant from Japan, and is among the easiest microgreen to grow. They have an interesting blend of color - medium green splotched and dotted with violet. Tasting pungent like how mustard should be, a little goes a long way. Try using this zesty microgreen as a replacement for wasabi!
Can be grown to baby leaves if harvested in around 21 days, where the pungent taste will lower in intensity.
- Scientific Name: Brassica juncea
- Seed count: 550 seeds / gram approximate
Seeding density: 5 grams / plastic takeaway container (7 x 4.5 inches )
- Pre-soaking: Not required
- Growth Medium: Organic soil or cocopeat
- Germination: 2-3 days
- Blackout Period: 2-4 days
- Harvest in: 8 - 12 days
- Seed Origin: USA