One of our favourite microgreens! Easy to grow, beautiful to look at, tasty and nutritious to eat! Their seeds leaves grow quite large, adding a nutty crunch to your salads, though we enjoy eating them as a snack on its own! In our opinion, the black oil variant have superior taste compared to the conventional confection sunflower seeds.
Can also be sprouted, takes some effort removing the seed husks.
- Scientific Name: Helianthus annuus
- Seed count: 20 seeds / gram approximate
Seeding density: 16 grams / plastic takeaway container (7 x 4.5 inches )
- Pre-soaking: 4 hours cool water
- Growth Medium: Organic soil
- Germination: 2 - 3 days
- Blackout Period: 2 - 4 days
- Harvest in: 7 - 10 days
- Seed Origin: USA