Curled cress microgreens have long narrow medium green colored seed leaves on white stems with a sweet and spicy/peppery flavor. Great for topping off soups, sandwich fillings and garnishes.
Cress seeds are mucilaginous, forming a slimy gel coating when wet. As such, they require no pre-soaking. After sowing, be careful not to wet them too much, just a light spray will do. If the seeds get too wet, germination rate WILL be low.
- Scientific Name: Lepidium sativum
- Seed count: 450 seeds / gram approximate
Seeding density: 5 grams / plastic takeaway container (7 x 4.5 inches )
- Pre-soaking: Not required
- Growth Medium: Organic soil or cocopeat
- Germination: 3-4 days
- Blackout Period: 3-4 days
- Harvest in: 8 - 12 days
- Seed Origin: Poland